Friday, July 13, 2012

Why I'm Hysterical



Am I embarrassed to talk about any of this stuff, 'hysterical' female stuff? No. Why should I be? Our bodies are a finely balanced array of parts on parts that sometimes get out of whack. And, all middle-aged females will have to hit menopause sometime. However, I am interested in defining what this recent surgical event has done to my attitude as a rather peppy, literate 41-year-old.

Etymologically, I could choose to define my somewhat changed worldview as neurotic brought about by the dysfunction of my uterus, pining on for relief from hot flashes and crabbing at my husband,

OR

I could continue to spend my post-op recovery time endeavoring to learn skills such as how to play the ukulele, so that I may demonstrate my willingness to make an ass of myself over a grating rendition of
"Mele Kalikimaka: The Hawaiian Christmas Song" at my next book club's holiday get together.

Oh, which shall I choose? Which ... shall ... I ... choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment