Thursday, February 25, 2010

Your Job Is a Privilege


I took a digger on the ice this morning while walking the dogs and now have two swollen/scraped knees and a very sore wrist. In honor of the occasion, I'd like to make a request of you, my friends ... please spare me from your needless whinging about having to work at a "boring, stupid, effed-up" job. For those that are familiar with my situation, I have been unemployed since July and not by choice or for lack of trying. Your complaints are painful to me and others in my situation, no doubt. Reevaluate and get back to me when you realize how fortunate you are. While you do have the right to opportunities for gainful employment please understand, as I now do, that there is no such animal as a "secure, sure thing." In this economic climate, maintaining and retaining your job is a privilege, not a right.

No comments:

Post a Comment